Monday, February 21, 2011

An Introduction, Of Sorts.

          The one intent and purpose I have for this blog is for thinking. I'm going to write about whatever I feel like writing about at the time. Whether it's something I've been studying, an album or book I feel passionate about and want to share, or simply ranting about life experiences, it will just be pure thought.
Everything I post will obviously be open for discussion, and I strongly encourage it if you have the urge to do so.

          Now I suppose I should tell a bit about myself for context:
          I'm just short of 18. I am a highschool drop out. I'm an idealist and individualist. My religious beliefs are rooted in multiple practices. I love to learn. Many would describe me as "nerdy". I spend a good chunk of my time either playing video games, reading, or listening to music. If I'm not doing any of those I'm probably just sitting and thinking. I think. A lot. I have huge interest in philosophy and psychology, but I'm only just recently getting in past ankle deep. I like to think I'm open-minded. I guess the best way I could describe how I am in that regard is that I'm very set and determined in my own beliefs and opinions, but I'm always eager to learn about the beliefs and opinions of others, and always try to respect their right to have that opinion. I love debate. I love to study people, cultures, and society as a whole. My goal in life is to never stop learning and growing into a better person.

          Well, that's all I can think to say right now. I don't expect to gain many readers, but if by some strange reason that happens I'll be glad for the (hopefully) intelligent discussions and insights to opinions other than my own.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, you can count me in. The description you just gave of yourself (with the exception of age difference and school tenure) could have easily been written about me. I graduated high school, but dropped out of college, and have been on a constant stride for knowledge ever since. Let's learn together via our blog pages! I'm going to follow you now.

    Pssst, hey turn around...

    ReplyDelete