Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Letters I'll Never Send #1

Dear You,
          There will always be the chance that you'll see this. We're still in touch, although not all that often. You still mean as much to me now as you did then. You are one of the best friends I have ever had, and no matter how many times I tell you that I don't think you quite understand how much I mean it. To this day I still don't even understand entirely how I felt about you, and you're probably the only person I can say that about. I think it may be a mystery I'll never quite figure out. All I know is that you were a very dear friend to me, and that year would not have been what it was without you. You had a much bigger impact on me than I think you know.
          I'm apprehensive on what I should and shouldn't say in this letter. The smallest thing could easily give away who I'm talking about, and I don't want you or anyone else to be sure of who you are. Why? I don't know. I guess because that would make saying how I feel about you that much harder. Not because I'm scared for you to know, because I've told you most of this, but I don't want anyone else to know. Again, why? I'm not sure. Few people know about you in the first place though, haha.
          You have always supported me and told me to go 100% for what I wanted and what I loved to do, and you know quite well how I love to write. Maybe that's one of the reasons that I chose you to be the first person I wrote to. You're one of the few people I can say has always supported me and stood behind me no matter what it was I was doing. I can't tell you how much that means to me. I'm really glad that we still talk occasionally, but I do miss how close we used to be. We used to talk on the phone for hours and hours just to see each other at school the next day. But those nights on the phone I would confess to you things I never thought I'd tell to anybody. Not once did I feel like you judged me. I'd say to you something I feared would make you completely change your opinion of me, something I thought was near the end of the world. You would just laugh and say something like "Is that all?"
          You've always been there to tell me I'm beautiful when I'm feeling my ugliest. You've always been there to tell me I'm one of the best friends you've ever had when I'm feeling like I couldn't possibly mess things up worse. You've always been there to make me smile when I'm feeling like I never could again. Maybe we'll never be as close as we were then, but I can easily say that I could never in a million years forget you or what you mean to me.

                   Your friend always,
                             -Kynzee

No comments:

Post a Comment